Ministry Profiles

OSA Locations in Australia

In Australia, the Augustinian Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel ministers in centres as far afield as Mareeba in Far North Queensland to Melbourne on the south coast of Victoria, which are over 2,400 kilometres apart by road.

more...

South Yarra Parish

St Joseph’s Parish in the inner city of Melbourne, Victoria was established in 1887, which was the year after the death of Melbourne’s first Catholic bishop and archbishop, James Alypius Goold osa. It was a diocesan parish until early 1976.

more...

North Harbour Parish

The Catholic Community of North Harbour officially began in July 2006 with the union of the adjacent parishes of St Kieran (Manly Vale) and St Cecilia (Balgowlah). The area is situated on the northern peninsula of metropolitan Sydney, Australia, and lies within the Diocese of Broken Bay. The parish begins on part of the northern edge of Sydney Harbour, hence its name.

more...

St Augustine's College

St Augustine 's College, Brookvale (Sydney) is an independent Catholic Congregational School for boys from Years 5 to 12, teaching the Augustinian values of 'Truth, Love and Community.'

more...

St Clair Parish

Situated in the west of Sydney, and close to the Blue Mountains, Holy Spirit Parish has twenty-eight thousand people living within its boundaries. The Augustinians came to the parish in 1995.

more...

Villanova College

Villanova College is a thriving school community conducted by the Order. The College which is situated in Coorparoo (Brisbane) is a boys school with classes from Year 5 to Year 12, and began in January 1948.

more...

Coorparoo Parish

The parish was established by Archbishop Duhig in 1913 with Fr Jeremiah O'Leary as parish priest. He held this post for thirty-nine years until the Augustinians arrived in 1952.

more...

Mareeba and Dimbulah Parishes

The Parish of Mareeba in the Diocese of Cairns covers an area of approximately 3,000 square kilometres and contains a population of about 16,000 people, 34 per cent of whom are Catholic. The area has been an Augustinian ministry since 1884.

more...

back to top